Thread: Amd 3700+ Ga-k8nxp

Amd 3700+ Ga-k8nxp

I'm having problems trying to get this to post anything past 210FSB. I can do it with easytune in windows, but not through the bios. I've tried changing the multiplier to 6 and memory speed to 100mhz, but it'll just freeze when deducting the drives if I try anything past 210. Anyone know what the problem is? I've tried increasing the Vcore and all that.

The gigabyte mobo's are really wierd with OC'ing..trust me..i had to fight mine for 2 weeks to get a stable OC. i can tell you now its the RAM thats causing you to not post higher than 210. i had to loosen the timings a bit to get anything higher..and that wasw with normal voltages too. i ended up running 1:1 with CPU and RAM...250MHhz and 2.5Ghz.. but the type of RAM you got can also be a small issue too. So, before any more steps can be taken to help you.. please tell us what hardware you have.
    AMD64 3800+ w/stock HSF | 2 x PowMax dual fan 550Watt | Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI | GeIL 512MB DDR400 PC3200 Ultra Series Dual Channel Memory | 2 x EVGA 6600 GT 128MB PCI-E on SLI setup | Thermaltake Tsunami Case w/120mm

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Good call TestMAD-U-the Gigabyte man

Yea..i know..i did get that geil up to 275Mhz with some really loose timings..but i couldnt get it stable. Lately i've been mesing around with actually lowering my voltages to cool everything down a bit..and see how low i can get before im unstable.. got the CPU down .75 on the voltage and still stable...i think. but thats no fun...who wants to lower voltage anyways? it's all about more power in this forum.

Oh..and anyone wondering about that fx-57 system i was going to build..ive delayed it for the most part..after watching AMD and nvidia..im waiting for next year when the quad cores may be released, and the next PCI mobo's that will have 4 PCI-E slots..able to run 4 gfx cards, and lets not forget the new SATA and possible Blue-Ray burners ( if available).
    AMD64 3800+ w/stock HSF | 2 x PowMax dual fan 550Watt | Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI | GeIL 512MB DDR400 PC3200 Ultra Series Dual Channel Memory | 2 x EVGA 6600 GT 128MB PCI-E on SLI setup | Thermaltake Tsunami Case w/120mm