Thread: Refresh rate override

Refresh rate override

I have a stupid screen which supports only 1024x768 60Hz when the refresh rate is higher I see green dots on my screen. I have nvidia graphic card so I used the driver to override the refresh rate to 60Hz, now they removed this option. How can I override the refresh rate otherwise?

which driver version do you have for the nvidia card? and do you have a generic driver installed for the monitor?
    AMD64 3800+ w/stock HSF | 2 x PowMax dual fan 550Watt | Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI | GeIL 512MB DDR400 PC3200 Ultra Series Dual Channel Memory | 2 x EVGA 6600 GT 128MB PCI-E on SLI setup | Thermaltake Tsunami Case w/120mm

My driver version is 71.89 and I don't knot what you mean by generic driver

it will say default monitor instead of the name of your monitor. I have a Gateway EV500 that has problems when i use the MS generic driver. When i use the actual EV500 driver things work better. Also if I remember right, you can add a coolbits entry to the registry and that might open up the refresh overide menu. the steps for that are as follows..

open up regedit.

goto My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak

then add DWORD. name it CoolBits
    then modify the value to 3
    you can also add another entry..name it CooolBits and a value of 8...

I know that this opens up the clock frequencies menu, but it may open the refresh rate menu as well... also consider updating to the new 77.50 beta drivers..they work great. The 77.50 drivers have the refresh rate menus.
    Last edited by TestMAD; June 22nd, 2005 at 17:06 PM.
    AMD64 3800+ w/stock HSF | 2 x PowMax dual fan 550Watt | Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI | GeIL 512MB DDR400 PC3200 Ultra Series Dual Channel Memory | 2 x EVGA 6600 GT 128MB PCI-E on SLI setup | Thermaltake Tsunami Case w/120mm

Can you give me a link, I can't find 77.5 anywhere.
    About a screen driver, my monitor was made by some company called JTC,I think they don't even have an English site!
    And one last thing, thanks!

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ilyail3
    Can you give me a link, I can't find 77.5 anywhere
    Look in our "Drivers" forum. In there you will also find official 77.72 which were released today.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========