Thread: Duel DVI Video Cards.

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

Exclamation Duel DVI Video Cards.

iv been outa the computer biz for a long time, and im seeing more and more high end video cards goin to Duel DVI, Q i have is what monitoerws support dvi, thiers no longer vga, and thiers svideo or tv out on the newer more powerfull vid cards out thier, do the high end cards come with a spliter to make a dvi connection to a vga? iv been looking for Monitors that have those connections none iv found tell me if they support it,

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

That would be for HDTV sets. My high definition projection TV has 4 inputs that can easily be used with one of these cards. Since I'm not into gaming, I haven't tried it.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

can ordinay monitors work with it though i know dvi is for hd tvs i was just wondering if i was behind the times in mon itors and dvi connections,

most newer monitors have DVI inputs

most high end video cards come with adapters that convert DVI to VGA if the one your looking at doesn't than you can buy one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814999201

very nice thnks just got a XFX 6800 GT 256mb AGP 8X for $443 and it didnt come with anything to work on my old monitor,

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar
    if you invested 400+ in the video card you might want to invest also in a LCD. I have 2 LCD at work (and 1 LCD, 1 CRT at home) and I can tell you that I see the difference between the monitor connected to the DVI and to the VGA. Even the monitor connected in DVI, when I connect it to VGA changes the quality.
    I am actually looking for monitors for my mother and brother, so I will start a thread