Thread: Delete search titles and Logon details in IE.

Unhappy Delete search titles and Logon details in IE.

I,m using Win98 and IE 6.0.
    When I search something at a search engine(usually Google) all of my search entries(search titles) remain in the memory.eg. When I open Google's home page and I click in the empty search bar(the line where we've to type the text to be searched) I get a drop down list of all my previous searches.I tried deleting Temporary Internet Files,deleting Cookies and clearing History but could nt manage to remove that list.
    Similarly if I've made IE to remember my ID and password for any particular Logon the same happens there as well.I just click in the empty bar and a dropdown shows my logon names.
    How can I remove them particularly the one's that appear in Google.
    Muhammad Irfan

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Tools > Internet Options. On the Content tab click the Autocomplete button and uncheck Web Addresses, Forms , User names and passwords on forms then click OK.

On the General tab click the Clear History button.

When the history has been cleared set "Days to keep pages in history" to zero. Click OK.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

If you want to remove only some of the search keywords and not all of them, simply go to Google, click the box, hold the mouse over that keyword and press "Delete".

Someone might find it suspicious that you cleared all the search keywords, so you might want to use this.

Thnx a lot.The major problem concerning me was that of Google and it was quite easily solved by ur tip.
    Muhammad Irfan