Thread: Combining 3 Networks

Succeded in braking Windo TZ Veteran Dehcbad25's Avatar

Combining 3 Networks

Ok, I kind of need help.
    We have a stand alone network, which is basically for scanning and has Wireless AP around the area. We also have another network with Internet connection using NAT for the LAN which connects to a remote office using VPN. The first network (network 1) needs to connect all the way to the remote office, but at the same time we wanted to keep it with different IP so we can restrict better the connections.
    We set up a PC with 2 NICs and tried to bridge the connections but it did not work. I enabled RRAS services but I did not find what else I had to configure in order to work.
    Lets say, we have a public address which is whatever (216.239.57.99) for the example) which has a Sonicwall firewall with a VPN connection to the remote location (216.239.57.100). Then we have a LAN (192.168.5.XXX) The sonicwall is set to 192.168.5.1, and the clients from 50 to 100.
    The other network is in separated cabling and has no connection to the Internet. ANd the IP are 139.165.4.XXX (this is just for the example).
    So, I have a bar code scanner 139.165.4.251 that connects to 139.165.4.100 (The Access Point) and it needs to go to 216.239.57.100 thru the VPN. We want to keep different Subnets in order to filter traffic and limit it to telnet (which is the way the bar code scanners upload info).
    I know it is quite complicated, but I am open to suggestions.
    I thnk that probably the trick is into making the PC with dual NIC, and that is connected to both networks to bridge the comunications (route). I just can't figure out how to get it to work.
    Also the 139.165.4.XXX is in a VLAN, so packets to 192.168.5.XXX get lost. We probably will need to re-configure the VLAN in the Etherswitches, but there are a lot of them

First question I have is are you using fiber for you backbone? Also a list of equipment in the network and software used.

well, we use fiber for connection in a lot of places of 2 of the connections. Since the network covers a large area (warehouses) between the buildings there is fiber links. We then have Cisco Etherswitches (2905 I think) with fiber module to convert from fiber to ethernet and there are 2 VLAN since there is 2 scanner networks.
    For the Internet connection there is also fiber from the main location until the office which has the sonicwall, and it also goes thru a Cisco etherswitch with VLAN. (where the fractional T-1 go thru to each location). It would probably help to put it in a VISIO map I have been thinking on doing it, so I will probably get to work on it

well, we changed the Sonicwall IP to the same as the scanner network. It is not what we were looking for, but it works.
    Now, as a quick change, I need to get the specs and quote for a Oracle10g server great Oracle is one of the few software that not only takes forever to install (3 million CDs) but it doesn't work after installed Luckily for me, I just need to worry about the hardware
    Goota love my job, tasks chage so quick .....Yesterday I set up a MacMini in order to display a web page wich needs to be seen constantly. That gave me a great idea for picture display...unfortunately I can't afford neither the mac, not the huge LCD. but it would look great in my living room