Thread: Deer Park (codename for Mozilla Firefox 1.1) Alpha 2

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

Deer Park (codename for Mozilla Firefox 1.1) Alpha 2

Deer Park Alpha 2, a preview release of Mozilla Firefox 1.1 aimed at developers, is now avaliable for download.

Deer Park intentionally uses a codename rather than the Mozilla Firefox branding to dissuade end-users from downloading the preview (an end-user beta will be available closer to the final 1.1 release).

View: Release Notes

Download: Windows | Linux | Mac OS X

mozillaZine

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Titanium Member
    .....should have never gone to 1.0 in the first place. Themes and extensions were not supposed to break - but they have. Fx is still beta IMHO - until stuff stops breaking. Opera themes don't break do they?
    Last edited by lynchknot; July 13th, 2005 at 22:41 PM.

Right now Deer Park is a developer release. I was reading that the reason they named it deer park was so that normal firefox users would not download it. It is a preview of new firefox technology and it's purpose is to allow dev's to write new extensions and whatnot.

I downloaded it and it is very buggy. The main problem I have with it is that tabs are not working properly. I went back to FF 1.0.5.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EcPercy
    I was reading that the reason they named it deer park was so that normal firefox users would not download it. It is a preview of new firefox technology and it's purpose is to allow dev's to write new extensions and whatnot.
    As i stated in my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend
    Deer Park intentionally uses a codename rather than the Mozilla Firefox branding to dissuade end-users from downloading the preview (an end-user beta will be available closer to the final 1.1 release).

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========