Thread: Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware 1.0.615 (Beta)

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware 1.0.615 (Beta)

Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) is a security technology that helps protect Windows users from spyware and other potentially unwanted software. Known spyware on your PC can be detected and removed. This helps reduce negative effects caused by spyware including slow PC performance, annoying pop-up ads, unwanted changes to Internet settings, and unauthorized use of your private information. Continuous protection improves Internet browsing safety by guarding over 50 ways spyware can enter your PC.

Existing users of the beta (Builds 1.0.501, 1.0.509, 1.0.613, and 1.0.614) will receive a software update that includes the new beta refresh. The new beta refresh is also available for download.

View: Release Notes

Download: Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    thanks!

anyone know if this thing still detects claria and gator?
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Titanium Member TZ Veteran Denyse's Avatar
    My copy of MS Anti-Spyware just went nuts. All of a sudden, it has started to conflict with Webroot SpySweeper. I have had them both on the system working without a problem until today. Now each time SpySweeper attempts to do anything at all MS Anti-Spyware wants permission. I click ALLOW and REMEMBER but it does NEITHER. Same thing over and over again.

Which one did I ditch? MS of course.

Spysweeper is much better than MSAntiSpyware but MSA while not removing many things by default is at least free - apart from the devil/soul thing.
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Denyse
    My copy of MS Anti-Spyware just went nuts. All of a sudden, it has started to conflict with Webroot SpySweeper. I have had them both on the system working without a problem until today.
    A new version was released yesterday,and your old one may have updated itself automatically and subsequently reset your previous settings.

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware 1.0.701 (Beta)

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

yeah my version got updated as well... while it may not be the best.. bt it does catch most of the spyware.....
    Cheers,
    Bringing The Humanity Back Into Computing

Titanium Member TZ Veteran Denyse's Avatar
    I just removed Spy Sweeper from my system and went back to just MS-AntiSpyware. I have no feeling of being in danger. Thanks for the new link, it is appreciated greatly.