Thread: Backend site managment system

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Backend site managment system

Hello once again,seems i am asking alot of questions since my arrival.

This time i wanted to ask opinions on a good page management system.What i am looking for is as follows.

A system that is accesed via a backend admin panel that will allow me to create new pages,catagories and sub catagories,and finally it must have the option to allow different Menu blocks on certain catagories/pages.

Now i already know of a ton of CMS's that can do these things but most of them simply have alot of extra stuff i do not need or desire.I have searched through many such as

PHPnuke
    Mamabo
    PostNuke
    e107
    drupal
    ect

So i wanted to ask through anyones personal expierience have they ever come across something similar to what i described above?I already have built my own site template so now i just need to find a suitable managent system.Thank you all for your time.

Just wanted to also add i know there are many topics similar to this but so far most of them have died off or do not help

Triple Platinum Member
    Try WordPress (and forgive me if I seem to be suggesting it too often )
    Last edited by rohitk89; July 24th, 2005 at 09:04 AM.

Thanks for the suggestion but i tryed wordpress once before didn't find it to enjoyable and had many problems getting it to even run correctly on our server.

http://virtuanews.co.uk/

It is used here at Techzonez. Not the easiest in the world to work with, very advanced stuff, but once you get the hang of it I think you will not find a better backend. Try the demo. I have a site at marketmynews.com that has some special pages, but I have drifted away from it, so don't look for anything up-to-date except for the homepage.

Hope this helps.