July 25th, 2005, 15:38 PM
Volumouse provides you a quick and easy way to control the sound volume on your system - simply by rolling the wheel of your wheel mouse.
It allows you to define a set of rules for determining when the wheel will be used for changing the sound volume. For example: You can configure Volumouse to use your mouse wheel for volume control when the Alt key is hold down, when the left mouse button is down, when the mouse cursor is over the taskbar, and so on...
When the conditions that you define are not satisfied, your mouse wheel will be used for the regular scrolling tasks, exactly as before.
Starting from version 1.10, Volumouse allows you display an indicator on the screen when you use the wheel for adjusting the volume.
You can configure the on-screen indicator by using the following options in the 'advanced rule options' dialog-box: (click the 'More...' button in order to get this dialog-box)
Volumouse was originally created for controlling the sound volume with the mouse wheel. However, starting from version 1.10, Volumouse has 2 additional components that are not really related to sound, but they might be useful for some people:
1) Window Transparency: (Works only on Windows 2000/XP)
Allows you make any window transparent !
In order to use this feature, define a new rule with this component, go with mouse cursor to the window that you want to make transparent, hold down the right keys or buttons according the the condition that you chose, and then scroll down the wheel to make the window transparent !
2) Screen Brightness: Allows you to change the brightness of the entire screen.
Important Notice: Changing the screen brightness is achieved by setting the gamma ramp values into the video card. Unfortunately, many video cards don't support this feature, so the 'Screen Brightness' component may not work in your system.
Volumouse is also available in other languages. In order to change the language of Volumouse, download the appropriate language zip file, extract the 'volumouse_lng.ini', and put it in the same folder that you Installed Volumouse utility.
• 32-bit Windows operating system: Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, or Windows XP. (Windows 95 is not supported)
• Wheel mouse
• Sound card
• Component names change: sound component names are now loaded from the operating system.
• New option: Display percent label on the indicator.
• New option: Activate the rule only after specified number of wheel moves.
• New option: indicator position fix - move the indicator position according to your preference.
• New option: Use different mixer device in each rule.
• Fixed bug: In previous version, Volumouse always used the first mixer device, even if you selected another one...
• New rule condition: "no button/key is pressed" - Use this rule if you want to replace the normal behaviour of the wheel.
• Windows XP Style: The indicator and other elements are now displayed according to your XP style.
Download Volumouse (manual installation)
Download self-installing executable (automatic installation)
July 28th, 2005, 00:46 AM
I use BS Player. The volume is controlled by the mouse wheel at full screen or the screen size at minimized size is controlled.