Thread: Outlook Express, can't receive e-mails

Outlook Express, can't receive e-mails

Last few days I am not receiving e-mails in the outlook express. I can send e-mails, but can't receive it. Check the setting and it looks ok.

It connects to the server, it informs me how many e-mails on the server, but then it cuts off.

Any suggestions, or guidance where can I find the help.

My operating system Windows XP home, Microsoft Outlook Express 6

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    check your firewall settings and see if anything has changed there. Also some antivirus software may prevent outlook express from receiving email.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    No OE errors at all?

I have seen this problems a few time where i work. There was two things that i did to fix this error. One was if you are connected at a 10mbps turn outlooks cashe mode on. Also i have seen where the CAT5 cable was flakey and when i replaced it then out look would work correctly.

Banned
    Thats probably cause nobody is emailing u J/K

Well, the same thing happened to me with my gmail account on Outlook Express. It was going well, but suddently i stopped getting mails.

Then I rechecked the settings and realized that the was a mistake, so when I corrected it it started to work, but normaly the error that happened to me is not usualy supposed to occur unless someone else screwed it up,

But meh... Its worth a try, u wont loose anything, so I say check out if everything is correct.