Thread: The 10 Worst Things About Video Games

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Lightbulb The 10 Worst Things About Video Games

While gaming has risen to dizzying highs with revenues that rival the movie industry, all isn't well in the world of pixilated entertainment. GamePro magazine and Mad magazine have joined forces to bring to you the 50 Worst Things About Video Games, a section of which is featured with our September issue of GamePro Magazine. Too much Hot Coffee? Pick up a copy and discover the socially redeeming features added to Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto.

Here are ten of the most annoying, aggravating and obnoxious gimmicks that drive gamers crazy:

The 10 Worst Things About Video Games

Banned
    LOLz it was actually pretty funny lol especially this one IMAGE

Platinum+ Member
    Damn right

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar
    Haha, they are so right, i agree with everything except no 5.

Feature by: Dr. ZombiePosted: 08/03/05

5. The "total time played" stats on your memory card, which only serve to prove to your parents how many hours you've wasted playing video games instead of doing your homework.
    Firstly, I don't know any parents that would be able to actually check these stats without having the thirst to play games them selves, thus they would be just as guilty as their children.

If there are any parents that can, these parents are evil!

Secondly, i love time/stats.

It's nice to know how much time i've wasted of my life on games

Just the other day, i played Return to Castle Wolfvenstein for the first time after 4 years of being released, lol, and i was so addicted to that game, i wizzed through it within 6 hours, in which i was quite pleased, as i consider them 5-6 hours well spent on such a fantastic shoot em' up!

Banned
    Firstly, I don't know any parents that would be able to actually check these stats without having the thirst to play games them selves, thus they would be just as guilty as their children.
    I agree with u

British Stud Muffin TZ Veteran GimieGimieGimie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lankan_man
    LOLz it was actually pretty funny lol especially this one IMAGE
    agreed. that picture is hilarious!

the list was pretty spot on. the first gripe is my favorite though.

10. Video game magazines that spend months hyping a game as the second coming, lavishing it with praise and eagerly counting down to its release date, only to dismiss it when it comes out as third-rate, over-hyped crap.

Number 10 is so true not only in games but movies as well. I would liek to know who the people are that rate games/movies a 10 out of 10 " Best game / movie of year" and ect... When the games or movie has not even been release yet ot finshed lol

haha... fun list.

I have to disagree with the cutscenes point though. I like having story and cutscenes in games.

Also the cel phone games. I've downloaded a few free ones and filled my phone's memory with them. They're great time wasters on the bus or during a particularly dull uni lecture

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Linedawg View Post
    Number 10 is so true not only in games but movies as well. I would liek to know who the people are that rate games/movies a 10 out of 10 " Best game / movie of year" and ect... When the games or movie has not even been release yet ot finshed lol
    it all boils down to smart marketing.....sucks us in it does....lmao

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Linedawg View Post
    the pirates

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---