Thread: AnalogX Releases Beta of BitTorrent Client (BitPump)

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

AnalogX Releases Beta of BitTorrent Client (BitPump)

An updated version of the BitPump BitTorrent beta is up and available for download and playing around with. The new version has a couple of minor bug fixes, plus a variety of the more requested features such as minimizing to the tray, changing graphs to reflect lifetime peaks, detailed listings of files, etc. I should also point out that the next update should more than likely also include a download manager-like interface, with all the active downloads showing up in a listview (similar to some of the other download clients). Keep in mind though that even though BitPump currently opens up a window per download (similar to how the original BitTorrent client worked), it actually is only one instance of BitPump running, so there won't be any difference (apart from look) when using the manager interface.

Download: Bitpump Beta

Source: AnalogX

Analogx have some nifty tools. I wonder how good their bittorrent client will be.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Test it out for us BB

What BT do you use ?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Well when I am downloading Linux distros, Game demos and so on and must use bittorrent, I tend to stick with Bittornado. It's simple, and gives very little options but I have never had a problem with it ever.

I am trying this new one right now. Downloading an episode of diggnation.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    I don't know much about this BT stuff, I trying Azureus, mostly because my AV's say the others have "Backdoor.Win32.Bifrose.D" Haven't tried Bittornado.

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Bitspirit is the best and fastest for me!

quote=Big Booger...Well when I am downloading Linux distros, Game demos and so on and must use bittorrent, I tend to stick with Bittornado. It's simple, and gives very little options but I have never had a problem with it ever.

I agree.
    Last edited by efc; August 21st, 2005 at 05:02 AM.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition