Thread: Check out this site for antivirus and stuff

Cool Check out this site for antivirus and stuff

http://www.firewallguide.com/

I downloaded the ones that had the best reviews. There are 4 programs running in the background and it doesn't make my p3 700 run slow. Awesome. You can just go to download.com and download these if you don't want to visit the site. For spyware, CounterSpy and Webroot Spy Sweeper. Norton personal firewall. PC-cillin is an awesome anti-virus. Install Norton firewall first because PC-cillin comes with a firewall too that isn't as good as Norton's. Have Phun.

Hey there,

Nice find. One thing I am concerned about is, are you running 4 personal firewalls concurrently? IMO this is a bad idea and can cause many types of conflicts.

Thanks for posting, and take care.
    Matt

I am sorry but i have to say anything norton sucks. I have only had problems with their software.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    I've never really had a problem with Norton AV....until I tried to unistall it

Detection wise Norton is right behind Kaspersky, no need to change Norton if it works

Norton Corporate V10 is very good.
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?

Oh yeah, I used norton antivirus once a long long time ago and it definately sucked. It made my 2.2 gig athlon run like a 386. But the norton firewall is probably not really norton's There haven't been any conflicts yet. And I haven't got screwed by some spyware or antivirus yet either so I think it's an awesome combo. Ad-aware sucked a bit because it didn't completely block spyware in the first place and then it would close my opera browser even though opera isn't affected by this stuff. Now I can even use IE when needed.