Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XP PRO after 2 months=......!

i'm in the same situation as Fastgame, haven't tweaked my system to the smallest bit, didn't touch any kind of tweak program/reg key rather..

Thanks for the time
    Blackwar

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    It could be a bug in the code... Who knows. Hopefully the service pack will rectify the issues you guys are having.
    BB

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Blackwar
    i'm in the same situation as Fastgame, haven't tweaked my system to the smallest bit, didn't touch any kind of tweak program/reg key rather..

Thanks for the time
    Blackwar
    Didn't XP Home originally come with your PC BW? Is that the one giving you problems or PRO?

Wow. I have only had one of those problems. IRQ_L etc. Fixed that, it was RAM.

I have not formatted my hd since Februray me thinks. Maybe March.

Tweaks. None. Defrag a lot, but not in the last 2-3 weeks.

Even on Win98 SE I experienced 2-3 BSOD. Pushed it to hard really.

I dual boot Win98 SE (color laser printer thing) and XP PRO Retail.

Another box has RedHat and XP Pro. Never had a prob with that one.

Also build custom PCs but only high end stuff for businesses or hard core gamers. XP Pro on all of them since November 2001. One came back but it was a bad video card thing.

I built my own Corp thing for something to do around December last year. Lots of people are using it and they have absolutely no probs. Maybe the source has to be considered. Eval, hacked crap, and the like seem to be issues. Stay with the real McCoy on your personal box and leave the crap to others I say.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Originally posted by MSNwar
    I built my own Corp thing for something to do around December last year. Lots of people are using it and they have absolutely no probs.
    Quite the contrary , many a XP Forum's mire existence depends on this version and other versions and the problems they cause and the Membership they've generated. I have yet been to a XP Forum titled Happy Joe's XP " Home of the Trouble Free User " the closes place you'll find to Happy Joe's XP is here at TECHZONEZ

Any Hoo , I think the new driver change has taken care of the 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL at least so far this is 8 hr's on the Net & no problem...never could do that before still can't fix the DMA issue , but I'm still trying.

MSNwar my XP HOME is the legit store bought real McCoy & Your right ! , like I said many a times..It's Trouble Free

Originally posted by Conan

Didn't XP Home originally come with your PC BW? Is that the one giving you problems or PRO?
    Yeah, it was Home that was causing the problems..

i've had to reinstall since 2000 gave me an even worse BSOD and i couldn't use the OS at all

maybe i'm just doing something wrong..

Blackwar

Happy Joe XP! Hey, I have been thinking of a new domain name ... thats pretty good FastGame.

Forums/Corp/Existence. There is truth to that statement and the thought has crossed my mind many times. (Yea, Yea, Short Crossing)

Blackwar, I find it amazing that you have this much trouble with XP as I consider your extensive knowledge regarding computers and technology. With that, I would lean towards the idea that hardware is the root of your problems. Have you ever ran a complete system diagnostics? May I ask if your hard drive had NT/2000/XP installed and formatted at different times? The kernel really never gets formatted from any of the three OS. Try a ZERO Fill on the hard drive next time "before" you format and that will eradicate the kernel. Bet you a dollar to donut you see a difference.

Originally posted by MSNwar
    Happy Joe XP! Hey, I have been thinking of a new domain name ... thats pretty good FastGame.

Forums/Corp/Existence. There is truth to that statement and the thought has crossed my mind many times. (Yea, Yea, Short Crossing)

Blackwar, I find it amazing that you have this much trouble with XP as I consider your extensive knowledge regarding computers and technology. With that, I would lean towards the idea that hardware is the root of your problems. Have you ever ran a complete system diagnostics? May I ask if your hard drive had NT/2000/XP installed and formatted at different times? The kernel really never gets formatted from any of the three OS. Try a ZERO Fill on the hard drive next time "before" you format and that will eradicate the kernel. Bet you a dollar to donut you see a difference.
    Well.. i'm not sure what's causing it, but i have updated my bios just recently after i went back to HOME, and all my problems have been solved for the most part.. hehe
    now its running great..

Thanks for the time,
    Blackwar

Ok I re-did everything , yes phishhead another format clean install of XP Pro

All problems are fixed except the one I've always had with XP Pro...it won't let me use DMA for my CDR-RW or DVD-Rom I don't understand why XP Home has no problems with DMA & XP Pro does...

Anyone have any ideas while i'm in the format clean install once a week routine

Titanium Member
    Hey FG, I'm not sure what you are talking about here but I was getting a lot of blue screens until you told me to disable that thing. Now it's running "smooth as chicken lips"
    Hope i'm not speaking too soon.

UpDate !!

It's working went to Device Manager and unistalled the CDR , DVD drives then unistalled the primary IDE Channel , secondary IDE Chanel and the Via Bus Master controller.

Then I did the Dorthy trick...I closed my eyes & clicked my heels together 3 times while saying I wish my XP Pro would be like Home...Walla ! it worked , had to do it twice though

Oh I love my XP Pro...it's so much like Home....

Now if only I could get that little dog to shut up

Thanks to all for you help !

Titanium Member

Re: UpDate !!

Originally posted by FastGame

Then I did the Dorthy trick...I closed my eyes & clicked my heels together 3 times
    LOL! out of the closet FG?

Titanium Member
    Hey FastGame, I just got a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a minute ago. Will the "Dorothy" method work here? Or was that for something else.

Bug Check 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has value 0x000000D1. This signifies that the system attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

**update-7:55pm** I just got another BSOD with that message. What's funny - maybe a coincidence? - My firewall, under Program Control > Control > Generic Host Process - would block itself across the board - by itself! I know I set it to "?" but after the BS it set to block. WUWT????????

Last edited by lynchknot; August 17th, 2002 at 02:59 AM.

My DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL was due to something else.

Might be the Firewall , does this only happen when your on the Net ?

Un-install your firewall and see , I'm sure that you can go a day or two without being Hacked Don't just turn the firewall off...un-install it !

Page File Errors could be a number of things. No biggie though! Yea, you get the BSOD, but crap happens.

Page File Errors are usually related to memory errors and that is what a page file is ... memory. What type of memory is related to a page file error. Could be the area of the hard drive where the page file is located is corrupted and you fix that with a few defrags. Could be memory addressing where more than one program is attempting to accessing the same memory address and you fix that my doing a file system restore through system tools. Doubt this is related to bad RAM, so I wouldn't worry about that unless you added mis-matched RAM recently.

Anyway ...