Thread: Volume Indicator

Volume Indicator

Hey,

I have a laptop computer and use two keys to change the volume: the Fn Key and either the Up or Down Arrow Key. A few days ago, I noticed that the Green Volume Level Indicator stopped appearing whenever I raised or lowered the volume. It used to appear as the green letter Vol and then the green vertical bars that would go across the bottom of the screen. I would like this back and am not sure how to go about retrieving it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catch20who
    Hey,

I have a laptop computer and use two keys to change the volume: the Fn Key and either the Up or Down Arrow Key. A few days ago, I noticed that the Green Volume Level Indicator stopped appearing whenever I raised or lowered the volume. It used to appear as the green letter Vol and then the green vertical bars that would go across the bottom of the screen. I would like this back and am not sure how to go about retrieving it.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    check in your laptop manual. It should discuss this.

Also there might be something in the volume properties in the control panel that might assist you.

It maybe that you have to reinstall the software that controls your volume from your laptop manufacturer.

Sound Card

Ok, thanks for the info. I have another questin however. How do I figure out what sound card I have in my laptop? I am buying speakers and trying to find out how much my laptop can support (2.1 - 2 speakers or 5.1 - 5 speakers).

Thanks

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Ok, thanks for the info. I have another questin however. How do I figure out what sound card I have in my laptop?
    What model is the laptop?

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

It's an Acer (Travelmate 4151 LCi)

Looking at the specs on the Acer site i think it only supports a 2 speaker setup.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were its capability. I would have to buy some Y-Cables and some Phone splitters to fit a 5 speaker system on my laptop. Since I do not feel like spending the extra money, I'm going to go ahead and get the 2 speaker set up, it is only a laptop.

Thank you though.

P.S. -- Would you mind telling me where exactly you found that information about the sound card?

Thanks again.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://reviews.designtechnica.com/firstlook62.html

Something like that would give you a nice sound system for your notebook.

P.S. -- Would you mind telling me where exactly you found that information about the sound card?
    On the acer website