I would appreciate some advice on this as I cannot get my head around the answer and as it involves buying equipment, I really need to know what will happen before going ahead with a purchase (which is someone else's money).

We (me and the people who's money it is!) have an application where we are using a laptop computer with a widescreen 1280 x 800 display. From the back of the laptop we want to be able to feed two TFTs over a longish distance (about 15 metres) as well as an XGA projector.

To do this we will be using a VGA distribution box (with two outputs). From the laptop we will go to the distribution box and from there one cable will go to the projector and the other off to the two TFTs which will be fairly close to each other. Near these TFTs, we plan to use a simple Y-splitter cable to split the feed into two to feed the two TFTs.

My questions are:

1) Is this the best way to do it and...

2) What size TFTs do we need if using a single display output from the laptop? I think 15 inch TFTs would mean the laptop output would have to be reduced to 1024 x 768 (and be slightly blurry). What though would happen with 17 inch TFTs with a resolution of 1280 x 1024? Would this be OK - I am guessing that there would be a black band top and bottom, but would the display be clear?

I apologise because I realise this is slightly off topic for this forum from the usual type of questions but I couldn't think where else to post it.

Excuse me too for my ignorance about the above.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.