Thread: hobbyist game programmer

Question hobbyist game programmer

Hello all.
    I知 not for sure if this is the Form I should post this or not. If it is not I知 very sorry. But I have a question for you guys out there. I知 working on video games as a hobby. I wanted to know what software would be best for this right now I知 playing with 8 bit graphics. I知 using VB6 to do this right now but I want to move myself up to 32 bit. SO here is my question what program would be best to make my sprite sheets with and should I lean a new program other the VB6, because with the little I have messed with it I have found limitations. SO if any one out there is a hobbyist game programmer out there what software do you use. Also do you know of any web sites or books to teach my self these skills. Thank you for your help and support

Smile

LOL thanks RIK, I have learn that the dummies books are great for some on who is just starting off in what ever. Thank you very much for the links i will check them out.

Thumbs up

I just read the link s you gave me and WOW thank you very much for them they have some great stuff on there