Thread: Mem usage

Banned

Mem usage

Ok well this is how it goes... So today I was burning a DVD right, and so on...afterwards i wanted to come on TZ but I realized that the burning was slowing my pc.. and I said to myself that its completly normal that the pc slows up when burning a DVD...So i just checked my processes doing ctrl, alt, delete and so I found out that the burning process used like 4k and that msn messenger took like 19k and IE took 20k... but why?? i mean isnt the burning process supposed to take more memory???

Mem usage varies depending on various things.One thing i notice with both MSN messenger and IE is that when you have them minimized to your taskbar they only use 1-2k of memory but when maximized they can take 18-20k.The same thing goes for burning programs.The main thing that the burning process uses i believe is not memory but rather CPU usage (TZ guys feel free to correct me if i am wrong).
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; October 1st, 2005 at 02:55 AM.

Banned
    I'd say ur hypotesis makes sense

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    When i burn a CD or DVD i don't do anything else on my machine until the burning has finished.

As bhxtyrant said,burning is processor intensive and therefore it makes sense to wait until the burn process has completed before carrying out any other tasks regardless of how much free memory you have available.

Just my opinion.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========