Hey guys,This isn't really a help topic but more of a topic to try and figure out what might have went wrong.

Well it was strange My PC has been working perfectly fine for ages but then yesterday came.My internet connection cut out on me (like it usually does) and i had to restart my comp to make windows reconnect.Then to my horror it happened.I restarted the PC and it would go up to the "windows XP" boot screen and freeze on me.So i figured no big deal i would go into safe mode and restore to an earlier time....WRONG trying to go into safe mode produced the same result.So then i pull out my good ol' XP pro CD and run the repair tool.Still no luck same thing happens again,i tryed repairing the mbr and running chkdsk.Once again no luck.Finally as a last resort i tryed reinstalling XP over top of the original XP.Thats where hell broke lose.The PC would just freeze on XP boot screen and auto reboot after a few moments.

To say the least i ended up having to do a total format and reinstall everything.PC is now working perfe3ctly again.But the question is what out of the blue could have caused this?I have all the latest Xp updates and SP2,antivirus and firewalls also with latest updates.Someone mentioned that it could be my hard drive going bad but i see none of the normal signs of a HDD failure.Have any of you ever had an issue like this?