Thread: Elite Keylogger and Backdoor DarkSky

Elite Keylogger and Backdoor DarkSky

hi im new to this and have no idea wat to do .. i scanned my pc with NoAdware and detected the aboved mentioned files as severe but i can't afford to buy it to have it deleted... plzzz HELP ME!!!! how do i remove these files... like i said i have no idea n new to all this so if u can help in detail i wld appreciate it... thx Ali

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    hi!

welcome to techzonez

some of these adware spyware scanners are used or created to give you false positives and may actual spy on you oe send you popups and may report that you have a problem so you purchase this software.

I never heard of the software noadware.

A quick search in the rogue programs list found here turned up this:
    Note on NoAdware: NoAdware was listed on this page because of concerns with false positives and the use of aggressive, deceptive advertising (1, 2, 3) including exploitation of the name "ad-aware" (1). Earlier versions of NoAdware were also the same underlying application as Adware Hitman, Consumer Identity, Protect Your Identity, SpyBan, SpywareAssassin, Spyware C.O.P., SpywareKilla, The Adware Hunter, & TheSpywareKiller. Over the past few months, NoAdware has taken aggressive steps to reign in its affiliates (who were primarily responsible for the unsavory advertising) and released a new version of NoAdware (version 3.0) that addresses our concerns with false positves. Given these changes we can no longer regard NoAdware as "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware. (Note: other domains associated with NoAdware include: adawareinfo.com, adwarenomore.net, adware-real-free-scan.com, adware-removal.biz, adwareremoval.net, free-adware-remover.org, free-adware-removal.net, free-adware-remover.org, free-adware-scan.com, free-spyware-check.com, nomorespyware.net, online-spybot-scan.com, spybotfinder.com, spyware-destruction.com) [A: 6-26-04 / U: 11-17-04]

hmm:

It will be best to get a second opinion by installing spysweeper from webroot.
    www.webroot.com

this is fully functional for 14 days and should detect the above programs if they are installed and it will detect more and clean them all.

keep us updated
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by egghead
    NoAdware has taken aggressive steps to reign in its affiliates (who were primarily responsible for the unsavory advertising) and released a new version of NoAdware (version 3.0) that addresses our concerns with false positves. Given these changes we can no longer regard NoAdware as "rogue/suspect"
    NoAdware is very good and quite thorough - I guess if it says you got em then you got em. Counterspy is another anti-thingummy that will remove what it finds for free for 14 days and then there is the online scanners at www.spywareguide.com and www.pandasoftware.com. I believe that the Trend Micro Antispyware which is very good is also free for 30 days - so fill your boots.
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?