Thread: Blocking UDP and TCP incoming only in Sygate??????

Blocking UDP and TCP incoming only in Sygate??????

Hey guys,

Well, I got me a threatening letter from my ISP.......gonna cut me off if they get another letter from a certain "entertainment watchdog group." Don't know how/when/or what was OFF at the time......not gonna worry at this point.

ANYWHOOOOO.......trying this program called 24/7 downloads. Doesn't allow you to upload anything, only download things. Thus making it impossible for anyone to "look" at you. But, it also advises that you block all incoming but not outgoing.......how does one do that in Sygate? I looked and I see only "block all" and that is both ways.

Can someone tell me how to do this while using this program? Or, do you have other ideas?

Thanks,
    Sharon

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Open sygate and click on Tools > Advanced Rules.Then click on the Add button.

On the Ports And Protocols tab select "TCP" from the Protocol drop down menu,and "Incoming" from the Traffic Direction menu.On the Applications Tab scroll down the program list and put a check next to the program that you want to block the incoming traffic from.Click OK.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Thanks very much as always!

Sharon