Thread: Sata Hell

Hardware Guru TZ Veteran shadow_warez's Avatar

Unhappy Sata Hell

hello just got soem new hardware a wd 200 gb sata drive, my specs have changed heres what they are now,

1, A7N8X Deluxe rev 2.0 1004 uber bios
    2,1 gig kingston duel channel ram
    3,wd 200gb sata
    3,350 watt enermax psu (might be the prob)
    4,sony cdrw-asus dvd rom
    5,zaleman fan controller,
    6,MSI 5900 XT 128mb ram
    7,Hercules external sound
    8,ipod fireware addin card,
    9,dlink 510T gig nic addin
    10, 1800+ 1.55 ghz amd oced to 2600+ (2.09ghz)

now to the prob i made a custome version of windows since my orig disc seem to crash the sys when it gets to point of reboot, so i got it working now, after drivers, and updates are in, im gettin rpc server is unav, the whole time i had the sysfrom lowl lvl format to desktop iv had the firewall (hardware) turned in off mode wich doesnt allow the internet into the pc, but noww windows installer seems to make itself go to manuel and stop so i gota go to services turn it to auto and start the service, and last big prob when i start the sys the sata onboard cant find the hdd sometimes so i gota turn the sys off turn it back on and hope it finds it, do you think this all relates to the power supply considering the sys is overclocked from a 1800 to a 2600 and the ram is running at 200mhz

A Great Sig Done by a Great Artist,

Unhappy heres what im gettin

heres what i get when i try install certain drivers, this is my sound card

Unhappy heres my task manager

heres the task man when i run the driver install,

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Have you tried running memtest?

i get home today hoping it was just a bad so i go to my notebook to make a new cleaned cd, and now the notebooks monitor is flickering, the cd fails after 24% and the wireless nic is getting excelent strength, but is gettin a automatic private ip, so im thinking im gettin dues for something, all the thimes iv done the shady art of computing is gettin back to me and my main rig now i turn it on after leaving for 3 hours and its like its a new profile all apps are not on desktop, lol someone tell me can all these things in 1 day be fait or coinsadnece?

"i made a custome version of windows since my orig disc seem to crash the sys when it gets to point of reboot"

I would say get a new Windows CD,buy or borrow one from a friend.It could be so many things theres no way to give you a single answer but i would suspect your custom disc is causing the issues.Trying another CD would let you know if it's software or hardware related.