Thread: eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware - FREE

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware - FREE

eTrust® PestPatrol® Anti-Spyware is your comprehensive anti-spyware solution. It detects and removes a wide variety of spyware to protect your PC from unauthorized access, information theft and weakened system performance.

Extensive Pest Database - Our industry-leading spyware research team monitors global Internet traffic to identify and protect you from all of the major spyware threats:

Spyware – discloses your personal information to third parties

Adware – displays unwanted advertising and slows your PC to a crawl

Keyloggers
    – steal your passwords and other confidential data by recording your keystrokes

Browser Hijackers – change your homepage and search results to lead you toward certain websites and deny you access to others

Remote Access Trojans (RATs) – enable attackers to control your PC from a remote location

FREE Automatic Pest Updates – new variations of spyware are launched every day to get past outdated anti-spyware software. This feature downloads and updates the pest database automatically to protect you against the latest spyware threats.

On-Demand & Scheduled Scanning – gives you the flexibility to scan your entire PC or select specific disks, files and folders for a customized scan. Schedule automatic scans or scan whenever you like.

Active Protection – monitors your PC in real-time to kill pests in memory and remove spyware cookies before they disclose your surfing habits to a third party.
    Automated Alerts & Logs – alerts you whenever a new pest is detected, gauges its threat level and provides you with links to the pest database where you can get more information. You can define “safe lists” and “exclusion files” so that authorized applications can bypass pest detection.

Special offer by eTrust Germany:

eTrust EZ Antivirus 2005 and eTrust Pestpatrol Anti-Spyware 2005 for FREE, 1 year license and updates included.

The offer is valid until November 1st, 2005

Download: DOWNLOAD

View: INFO (GERMAN)

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Anybody using this?

Yes, rik! I'm using version 4.4 and it's my first choice for antispyware protection. Definitely better than the free ones (Ad-aware and Spybot) and in my opinion it's (one of) the best among paid antispyware programs.

Darn! I missed the free license.

Positives
    Finds lots of things

Negatives
    Even if there isn't really anything there
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curio
    Positives
    Finds lots of things

Negatives
    Even if there isn't really anything there
    HAHAHAHA

nice
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, funny

Although that might have been a problem in previous versions, I've only had one false threat in the past eight months of using versions 4 and 5

BTW, I did somehow get the free 1-year license despite missing the November 1st deadline Thanks Boogs!