Thread: Video Conversion

Titanium Member TZ Veteran Denyse's Avatar

Video Conversion

What would be the best means to convert home movies that were recorded in Video CD format to DVD format?

I am looking for the best software to obtain, but the know-it-all's in the local stores have no idea what I am talking about.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    WinAVI converter does this with the click of one button. You just select the content, and the source to convert, it then converts it, then you click another button (and if you have Nero installed) it automatically opens nero and loads the content. I use this program more than any other, and i have tried several.

View: http://www.winavi.com/en/video-conve...-converter.htm

Usage guide below:
    View: WinAvi Converter Guide

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    WinAVI has worked well for me also.

Precision Processor Super Moderator egghead's Avatar
    if your content is already in vcd format than there is no need to do any conversions.

Simply copy the .dat file that is in the mpeg folder to your hard drive and use dvd author to add the video's and create the menu's and use nero to burn the new dvd.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Banned
    But doesn't a DVD, [.vob] file have better quality then a VCD [.dat] file?

Quote Originally Posted by egghead
    if your content is already in vcd format than there is no need to do any conversions.

Simply copy the .dat file that is in the mpeg folder to your hard drive and use dvd author to add the video's and create the menu's and use nero to burn the new dvd.
    but you're way is faster.

Titanium Member TZ Veteran Denyse's Avatar
    Very interesting information. It is greatly apprecaited. I do have Nero software, but have always used (and just got v8 of) Roxio. I guess it is the constant updates that Nero keeps putting out that makes me shy away. It seems only my anti virus software updates more often, and then again maybe not.