Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Deleting Kerio

  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    163

    Deleting Kerio

    Hi there

    I used to use Kerio firewall, but then it affected my use of the internet, ie I could not call up any browsers.

    I tried to uninstall it, but it came up with an error message, since then everytime I have logged onto the web, I have had to right click on the Kerio icon and say 'disable firewall', which is a little bit inconvenient.

    One of my friends suggested running 'regedit' and then going into Windows to look for the Kerio run area and deleting it from there, but I can't find it...

    Please can anyone help me remove this?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    613
    Well, I found this useful link on the internet using

    So click here for the results.

  3. #3
    Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Watching Your every move...
    Posts
    4,638


    Nice smilie there Sparky

  4. #4
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by lankan_man
    Well, I found this useful link on the internet using

    So click here for the results.
    Thanks very much! I was unable to delete all the components but enough to make it not come up!

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by LouBee
    Thanks very much! I was unable to delete all the components but enough to make it not come up!
    You


    Glad it worked out fine

  6. #6
    Triple Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    883
    Hey LouBee, get the trial version of jv16 Power Tools 2005 and run Registry Cleaner from it. I'm sure that'll help, but don't forget to back up your registry when it prompts you!

    You can also run 'Software Manager' from the Power Tools menu and manually remove any instances of the software from your PC.
    Last edited by rohitk89; November 17th, 2005 at 11:05 AM.

  7. #7
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by rohitk89
    Hey LouBee try the trial version of jv16 Power Tools 2005 and run Registry Cleaner from it. I'm sure that'll help, but don't forget to back up your registry when it prompts you!

    You can also run 'Software Manager' from the Power Tools menu and manually remove any instances of the software from your PC.

    Even though it came up in Software Manager and I ticked it to remove it, it's still there!

    Thanks.

  8. #8
    Triple Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    883
    Tried 'Registry Cleaner' in aggresive mode too? (remember to backup!)

  9. #9
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by rohitk89
    Tried 'Registry Cleaner' in aggresive mode too? (remember to backup!)
    I forgot to back up... What should I do/have I done!!

    Sorry!

  10. #10
    Triple Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    883
    If you encounter problems go for a system restore, if nothing happens sit back and relax

    Did it fix the problem, though?
    Last edited by rohitk89; November 16th, 2005 at 13:24 PM.

  11. #11
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by rohitk89
    If you encounter problems go for a system restore, if nothing happens sit back and relax

    Did it fix the problem, though?
    No and yes, when I go to program files Kerio is still there, it's just that it doesn't launch when I start up the PC, which is good.

  12. #12
    Triple Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    883
    Delete it from program files then?

  13. #13
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by rohitk89
    Delete it from program files then?

    Won't go... Tried everything that's been suggested...

  14. #14
    Triple Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    883
    What happens when you select the folder and press delete?

    Have you tried this? Be very careful when playing with the system registry!
    Manually removing the components for Kerio Personal Firewall.

    This should only be done if removing Kerio Personal Firewall through Add/Remove Programs is not possible.

    1. click on the Start button and go to Search and then Files and Folders.
    2. Search for fwdrv.sys and fwdrv.vxd
    3. Delete both files if you find them.
    4. Delete the Kerio\PersonalFirewall4 folder. Typically this folder is found here: C:\Program Files.
    5. Click on the Start button and go to Run.
    6. Type "regedit" without the quotation marks and click OK. This will launch Window's registry editor.
    7. Navigate to this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Kerio\Personal Firewall 4.
    8. Delete this key.
    9. If you are using Windows 98/ME then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\VXD\FWDRV.
    10. Delete this key.
    11. If you are using Windows 2000/XP then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET001\SERVICES\FWDRV.
    12. Delete this key.
    13. Those are the only components you will need to remove.
    Last edited by rohitk89; November 17th, 2005 at 14:21 PM.

  15. #15
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by rohitk89
    What happens when you select the folder and press delete?

    Have you tried this? Be very careful when playing with the system registry!
    Yes, done all that, but the folder won't go nor will some DLL files.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •