Thread: Burner/Burning question

Burner/Burning question

I'm not completely sure if this a software or hardware related problem. Everytime I try to burn a cd, regardless of what burning software I use, the computer freezes. It seems to be burning properly but after a while the computer freezes. This happens everytime with every burning program i have. nero, winamp, real player, and windows media player. I was wondering if anybody knew why this happens and how i could fix it. Thanks in advance.

Banned
    First of all, what do you try to burn?
    Second of all, what are your specs? Specify your PC's memory.
    Lastly, do you use your computer for other things at the same time as the burning process?
    Last edited by lankan_man; November 15th, 2005 at 23:08 PM.

I try to burn music cd's.

The comp runs on WinXp Pro SP2, AMD Athlon 1.67 GHZ, 256MB Ram, 40GB hard drive.

When I'm burning or try to burn a cd the burning program is the only one running. I basically close everything else i'm doing.

Banned
    When it freezes does it say low virtual memory?

Friendly Neighborhood Super Moderator phishhead's Avatar
    since its happening regardless of the software seems to be hardware or driver related. try disabling real time on your anti virus and closing any other open applications.
    now for the driver try downloading and installing your aspi driver over you can get force aspi which I use here http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm.

it doesn't say anything nor does it give any previous warning, it just freezes. i'll try with the firewall settings modified and after installing the driver, i'll see if it does the trick. thanks a lot to both of you for your help up to this point.

it worked! its burning properly, i installed force aspi and configured the firewall. thanks a lot!!