Thread: Office 12 Installing Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Office 12 Installing Now

Well I got my hands on office 12 beta release! And now I am installing it. So far so good.

The installer is a bit different from previous releases. In it there are some tabs and you can select different items. Whereas before you'd be walked through those steps one at a time.

Now you have installer option tabs where you can input your name, the options you want to install, and if you want office to send out feedback and so on to Microsoft's servers (AKA the SPYWARE OF OFFICE), and last because I have Office 2003 installed, there are some upgrade options in another tab.

After that, you click install and away you go.

Then after a few minutes you are prompted by the check for updates window:

When you go to launch in the programs menu, you'll notice the name change. In the image below you see office 2003 and office 12. This is because I left the other files intact while I installed office 12 on a second hard disk.

And after opening each program, you will see some gui changes, layout changes and so on. It's looking more tuned toward the Vista look as several sites have already posted. Here are access, excel, infopath, powerpoint, publisher and word.

Enjoy!

Images resized to nearly Board regulation.
    Last edited by Big Booger; November 21st, 2005 at 04:47 AM.