Thread: Back After Fried Puter????

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar

Thumbs down Back After Fried Puter????

OK guys, here is the skinny.... ....u know the story on my other new system that I thought was fried...well after shopping for new parts etc...I opted to buy a system from cyberpowerpc.com....it was cheaper to let them do it, instead of building a new one....shame on me....lmao....anyway, after three weeks waiting for it to arrive it finally shows up and works fine out of the box...amd athlon 64 3000, 1 gig of pc 3200 ram, 200 gig maxtor HD, nvidia 6600 pci-e graphics card, new nemesis case (HUGE) fans....lol...asus nforce 4 motherboard...sony dvd dual layer burner, AOPEN dvd rom drive, floppy drive...now a few days into it...like 2, it starts taking a loooooong time to boot to windows....xp home sp 2...then at boot, it will randomly hang at the splash screen, then give me a boot disk error....if I hit the reset, it will of course ask me if I want to boot to windows normally...then it goes to my desk top...the MB comes with four sata connectors on it and I noticed that they have the HD connected to number 3?....not sure why on that...the two dvd drives are off the IDE connectors....the boot sequence is set to read the dvd's first, then to the HD...if I change that order...it will not see the HD...during boot I noticed that it sometimes does not see the HD...????....what the f**k....lmao...this morning it took 12 minutes on the splash...the scrolling bar stopped, vanished then goes black...and gives me the boot disk error...I hit the reset, and it goes to windows??????...and I got all this for the unbelivably low price of $800.00....lmao...what do you think guys....hammer time....wah ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by PIPER
    OK guys, here is the skinny.... ....u know the story on my other new system that I thought was fried...well after shopping for new parts etc...I opted to buy a system from cyberpowerpc.com....it was cheaper to let them do it, instead of building a new one....shame on me....lmao....anyway, after three weeks waiting for it to arrive it finally shows up and works fine out of the box...amd athlon 64 3000, 1 gig of pc 3200 ram, 200 gig maxtor HD, nvidia 6600 pci-e graphics card, new nemesis case (HUGE) fans....lol...asus nforce 4 motherboard...sony dvd dual layer burner, AOPEN dvd rom drive, floppy drive...now a few days into it...like 2, it starts taking a loooooong time to boot to windows....xp home sp 2...then at boot, it will randomly hang at the splash screen, then give me a boot disk error....if I hit the reset, it will of course ask me if I want to boot to windows normally...then it goes to my desk top...the MB comes with four sata connectors on it and I noticed that they have the HD connected to number 3?....not sure why on that...the two dvd drives are off the IDE connectors....the boot sequence is set to read the dvd's first, then to the HD...if I change that order...it will not see the HD...during boot I noticed that it sometimes does not see the HD...????....what the f**k....lmao...this morning it took 12 minutes on the splash...the scrolling bar stopped, vanished then goes black...and gives me the boot disk error...I hit the reset, and it goes to windows??????...and I got all this for the unbelivably low price of $800.00....lmao...what do you think guys....hammer time....wah ha ha.
    Im not sure why they have the HDD connected to number 3 on SATA but sounds to me like you may have a defective HDD on your hands.Sounds like the usual symtoms.

UPDATE.....LMAO.....I finally got thru to their half ass tech support and the first thing I asked is (what happened to your 24/7 tech support....he tells me...get this...oh that is for the onsite tech???????...what the hell....then tells me I need to flash the BIOS....I said, dude...don't even go there....this is a new system with the latest asus main board....he says nothing....lmao...then he suggests that I just try changing the sata cable....duh...I knew that...basic **** it is...and I said....if that doesn't work, call us back....tech support my ass.....so I get home, open the case...and move the sata cable to the number one connector and also take the IDE cable and move it to the secondary connector...looked at the hard drive and found the power connector was not pushed in all the way...quality craftsmanship don't ya know....then into bios, changed the boot sequence to the hard drive first and the dvd roms to second....and now she runs like a clock...boots in about 5 seconds to the desktop.....last time I have anyone else build a system for me.

well, I thought the problem was resolved but while trying to boot the system this morning....the same old BS....this really sucks....

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Honestly Piper, I'd send the machine back and build your own at a local computer store or online at a reputable vendor like Newegg.

And check the reseller at resellerratings.com

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller6897.html

6.69 out of 10 for cyberpower... not so bad, but then not as good as others.

Newegg being 9.68 out of 10...

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    It really bugs me that I can't build a system as cheap as I can buy one. Hard to justify the cost that way...

Quote Originally Posted by rik
    It really bugs me that I can't build a system as cheap as I can buy one. Hard to justify the cost that way...
    Take Piper's case as a rigid justification

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    True BB, its cheaper to buy pre-built cos the company takes a hit on the profit margin compared to individual parts... however, Piper's situation showed good reasons to do your own, plus u can choose quality parts and assemble it and good as you can

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Quote Originally Posted by cash_site
    True BB, its cheaper to buy pre-built cos the company takes a hit on the profit margin compared to individual parts... however, Piper's situation showed good reasons to do your own, plus u can choose quality parts and assemble it and good as you can
    asus motherboard
    maxtor HDD
    chaintech nvidia 6600 pci-e 256mb ddr
    sony dvd
    nemesis case etc. etc. etc.

for the most part the components are all of good quality.....still working on the problem, which I will resolve....what pisses me off is the BS in their add about 24/7 tech support....I own a small sub shop/diner and my days are long so it makes it hard to be in front of the puter at a time that I am able to reach these butt heads.

Most reputable vendors who deal in computers use a 24 hour burn in period and run the computer to see if any problems pop up.

Obviously something happened with your pc Piper and the level of technical support you are receiving seems in line with their reseller rating.

they claim to have gone through the 24hr burn in.....who knows....but right now after a little tweaking it seems to be running fine....but I will say that their tech support sucks.....last time I ever buy a system.