Thread: Redneck Xbox 360 Power Supply Cooling Solution

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

Redneck Xbox 360 Power Supply Cooling Solution

Take a Look

If that is not the most ghetto way to solve this... Looks like someone just got silly with the power supply and started slapping things together from their trust utility closet.

And now for the results:
    After setting up the cooler in my room with the Xbox 360, I began to do some testing. I sat down and played an hour straight of Project Gotham Racing 3 and then felt the 360 power supply to determine how effective the cooler was. Surprisingly, it felt as if the unit had not even been on for days. Overall, I'd say the project was highly successful. I now have zero problems with the 360 freezing up. In the future I plan on fixing the design to make it more appealing to the eye and to get the temperature even lower. Right now, I'd say this is the best solution to keeping your 360 from freezing up and/or starting a fire.
    WootBoot

That's one way to solve the problem...

Nah i'd say the way to solve the problem is boycott 360 until damn MS fixes there defective products

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    You would think that R&D would have caught an overheating issue right off the bat...

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    You would think that R&D would have caught an overheating issue right off the bat...
    But R&D is done in cold, sterile, White rooms with effective cooling... NOt your backyard, solar-powered HIllbilly tin-shack... LOL

Im sure there will be a recall soon, just like the power cord problem with the first XBOX.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---