Thread: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.wn

Bronze Member

Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.wn

Hi

When I run a Kaspersky Lab scan on my PC it says that it is infected with the above. However, both Nortons and AVG said they deleted a Trojan from my PC.

I have the run the following several times, AVG, Norton, Microsoft Anti-Spyware, Ad-Aware, X-soft, and not a single Trojan comes up.

The odd thing is that Kaspersky Lab says that the Trojan is present in C:\system volume information folder and I can't even see that folder in my C drive.

Should I be worried? Is there anything else I can do? I've already done a free trial of SpyBot, so can't do that again.

Thanks.

LouB

Triple Platinum Member
    If you know the path of the infected file then you can use Killbox to delete it.

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rohitk89
    If you know the path of the infected file then you can use Killbox to delete it.
    That's the thing... K Labs says it's in C:\system information folder... but that folder doesn't exist!

Triple Platinum Member
    Have you checked to see if its a hidden folder or not?

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rohitk89
    Have you checked to see if its a hidden folder or not?
    I thought I had all my folders unhidden, but I will doublecheck and let you know the outcome either way. Thanks.

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    C:\system volume information
    Thats System Restore, no AV can delete things in "C:\system volume information"

Turn off System Restore, this will delete everything, turn it back on and a new Restore point will be created.

I've already done a free trial of SpyBot, so can't do that again.
    SpyBot S&D is free, what trial are you talking about ? also i don't know what "X-soft" is so get rid of it

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    You could also try the free version of Trojan Hunter just for peace of mind.

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    Thats System Restore, no AV can delete things in "C:\system volume information"

Turn off System Restore, this will delete everything, turn it back on and a new Restore point will be created.
    Oh ok, I will try that then thanks.. I just find it odd that some virus checkers find it and others don't. And yes my files are not hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by FastGame
    SpyBot S&D is free, what trial are you talking about ? also i don't know what "X-soft" is so get rid of it
    I mean SpySweeper, sorry. X-soft: one of my IT guys swears by it. Another swears by Microsoft, which I don't find that good.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Just be careful of RIK, he just swears!

But, the thing to consider, is there is no single utility for your AV and spyware needs... most times a combination. It just keeps getting harder.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar

I DO NOT SWEAR!!

Bronze Member
    [/QUOTE=FastGame]

[/QUOTE]

It seems to be clean... touch wood!! Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by LouBee; December 8th, 2005 at 08:41 AM.