Thread: Updated firmware for DVD-RW

Updated firmware for DVD-RW

Hey guys,I was hoping someone may know where i can find the firmware updates for a DVD-RW drive model Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633S BGS4.I have searched everywhere with no results so far.I can find firmware for the Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633S model but not the BGS4 model.Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

EDIT:sorry for the doublepost but just wanted to say i managed to cross flash the DVDRW drive with the fireware avalible for the normal Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633S and everything seems to work perfectly now.just burned a DVD with no issues unlike before i updated the firmware.

I had one more question.The DVD drive seems to be about a inch longer in length then most drives and sticks out pretty far in my tower making it impossible to close the front door on the tower.I was wondering if it would be safe to drill a new set of holes so the drive can be seated further back in the bay.Never tried this before but any tips would be helpful
    Last edited by bhxtyrant; December 24th, 2005 at 08:04 AM.

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    I wouldn't try drilling the drive....instead, try new holes or slot(with a dremel) in the rails that hold the drive......just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by PIPER
    I wouldn't try drilling the drive....instead, try new holes or slot(with a dremel) in the rails that hold the drive......just a thought.
    True lol didnt really think to much about it at the time but the only problem there is on my case on the left side it has the normal aluminum railing which the drive screws onto but on the right side it has a sort of plastic rail which screws to the drive and then slides and locks into place when the drive is inserted into the drive bay.But there isnt room on it to drill a new set of holes to make up for the extra inch.

Perhaps a better thing would be to replace the faceplate on the drive (this makes up about 3/4's of the extra length of the drive) but i would have to find a suitable replacement as any front plate wouldnt fit because of the location of the eject button and leds.

SOHW-1633S BGS4 is a crossflashed drive!
    http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/post-21668.html

I'm currently using the latest firmware BS0Y on my standard SOHW-1633S with no problems.

LITE-ON download page

Thanks carloc!
    I will give it a try later,right now i am using the firmware BS0S and it's working good except the fact that it seems to think that it can't burn DVD+R DL media even though if i recall correctly it supports that.But thats probally just because of the firmware.It now reconizes all other trouble media like memorex which it wouldnt burn before.