Thread: Where?

Where?

Hey guys,I have been looking for the last few days with no luck so i thought i would ask you guys.Is there anywhere i can find replacement faceplates for CD/DVD roms?I have a couple i'd like to change but so far havent found anywhere to purchase faceplates.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://computers.search.ebay.com/fac...1QQsacatZ58058

A few on ebay. You might try contacting the manufacturer if you are looking for replacements.

Hey BB thanks for the reply,The original manufacturer is Lite On but the drive was actually pulled from another system.The faceplate on it was made specifically for the size/shape and demensions of that system.So i was just looking for a normal flat faceplate so it wont stop the door on the front of my tower from closing

I paint the old bezel. You can find spray paint that is made for plastic for about $3.50. I pop of the bezel, put spot of tape over the light and the carefully paint it. Touch-up for black is really easy. I use a permanent felt tipped marker.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Quote Originally Posted by efc
    I paint the old bezel. You can find spray paint that is made for plastic for about $3.50. I pop of the bezel, put spot of tape over the light and the carefully paint it. Touch-up for black is really easy. I use a permanent felt tipped marker.
    Thanks for the info efc but the color of the current one isn't an issue it's just the way it's made to the point where the plastic faceplate add's and extra inch or so the the overall length of the drive which makes it where i can't close my tower door.I wanna replace it with a flat one but doesnt matter what color for the time being.

I was gonna take one off a spare DVD-rom i have but the clips that lock the faceplate on the drive are made differently.