Thread: stuck in sleep mode

stuck in sleep mode

I leave my computer to go have a snack, come back about 15 min later and the monitor had gone off. I wasn't surprised because it automatically powers down after 10 min of inactivity. Well I moved the mouse AND IT WOULD NOT COME BACK ON! The power is on, its hooked up and everything,& the mouse is hooked up. I tried restarting, turning off all power to everything, and trying a different monitor but it did the same thing. After fooling around with the monitor reset buttons it shows an error message saying "Out of range" right before it goes into standby. Please tell me how to fix this. Thanks!"

More information: IT DOES NOT SHOW ANYTHING AT ALL, except when I hold down the power button it shows the 3 color bars; red,green,& blue. That's it. Please someone tell me how to fix this.
    Rage Against Machine!

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Boot into Safe Mode (F8) and make sure the driver settings are correct (Refresh Rate) for your monitor.

What monitor ? and what video card ?

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Do you play any games that use their own custom refresh settings. Make sure those game settings are not overriding the default refresh rate.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

thanx.
    no but first of all I need to get out of sleep mode.
    how can I do that ?
    Rage Against Machine!