Thread: How do I update monitor drivers ?

Silver Member
    how do u update the drivers for ur monitor i know that sounds stupid but is it just downloading them and installin them or do u have to copy it somewhere or what cause i have an nec multisync fe950+ if anyone wants to help lol the only reason i ask is because my monitor is starting to have movings lines all the way across it and its particularly bad in the middle and it when u see straight up and down lines they are all bent like a half circle because of this porblem and it makes my games look like crap sometimes too but im learnin to ignore it but any help is appriciated

Quote Originally Posted by Nate89
    how do u update the drivers for ur monitor i know that sounds stupid but is it just downloading them and installin them or do u have to copy it somewhere or what cause i have an nec multisync fe950+ if anyone wants to help lol the only reason i ask is because my monitor is starting to have movings lines all the way across it and its particularly bad in the middle and it when u see straight up and down lines they are all bent like a half circle because of this porblem and it makes my games look like crap sometimes too but im learnin to ignore it but any help is appriciated
    There are generally two procedures used to update a monitor driver. The one you use depends on the type of file you have downloaded. If it is an executable file (.exe) run it and then go to the device monitor and remove the monitor. You will be required to reboot. The new driver should be recognized. You will probably have to set screen resolution and color.

If it is another type file, go to device manager and choose driver button. Now click on change driver. You will be required to point to the driver folder. Once again you will be required to set resolution and color.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    efc is correct, but for those who have never done this, here's the directions.

You download the drivers and extract. Go to Desktop> Properties> Settings> Advanced> Monitor tab> Properties> Driver and choose update driver.

You can also use Device Manager (as efc suggest) and find your monitor> Update Driver

When the hardware wizard pops up choose "No not at this time"> Next, then choose "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)> Next, Select "Don't search I'll choose the driver to install"> Next> Have disk> Browse> and navigate to where you stored the driver, select the driver and hit OK.

Of coarse you won't need to do any of this if the driver is a self install .exe (as per efc suggest)

BTW I don't think drivers will correct the problem you describe....but of coarse it won't hurt to try
    Last edited by FastGame; January 5th, 2006 at 05:21 AM.