Thread: F-Secure ??

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

F-Secure ??

F-Secure Anti-Virus 2006 or F-Secure Internet Security 2006

Has anyone, or does anyone here use the above products. Looking for opinions.

BTW, currently using Norton AV and Sygate.

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

North Central Arkansas
    Found this comparison of popular AV products. LINK
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Blasters worm farm
    Detection wise its one of the best ! but so is the Norton you use

F-Secure is heavy on resources but your new system shouldn't have a problem with it. I don't know anything about the FW, only used the AV.

If you can get F-Secure for free or good deal then give it a try, myself I'd be happy with Norton 2005/2006 and Sygate, as long as it works

Kaspersky 6.0 IS beta will be rapped up shortly, its lite/fast, HTTP scanner, ProActive Defense, FW blocks all leak test. Maybe wait for this ?

Quote Originally Posted by efc
    Found this comparison of popular AV products. LINK
    That site is bogus, if I remember correctly the results stay the same every year. There's also referrer tags on "Buy". With this new WMF threat AVG has proven to be one of the worst AV's, that site says way ever that AVG could be better than all the other AV's. Of coarse the comparison of features might be ok.
    Last edited by FastGame; January 5th, 2006 at 15:50 PM.

I use F-secure IS on this machine (Windows ME - that's right Windows ME) and I never have any problems - but well, I never have any problems anyway. It's had Bitdefender on it and before this it was AVG. I got it cos I like to try things especially when they are on special offer. It has a decent firewall and includes a Adaware antispyware component.

It's Ok but like I have said before I am the best antivirus and antispyware there is, I love that shlt.
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?