Thread: OCZ Phase-change Cooling

Silver Member

OCZ Phase-change Cooling

OCZ

OCZ hopes to make phase-change a real choice for more buyers with the introduction of a $299 MSRP Phase Change cooling system. Shipments should begin in about 30 days, and OCZ tells us that once sales volume picks up, they are hopeful that prices can drop even further to the $200 range. This will make OCZ phase-change about the same price as some of the better water-cooling kits. That $299 will include a copper head for the processor. The OCZ design is not a full case, but a compressor with a phase-change head. OCZ tells us that the shipping design will have the head cable coming from the top of the compressor box - which will allow modders to use the compressor case as the base of an existing case if they choose.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar

It's huge. I don't know if I'd want that big of an item on my desk... But it is awesome-looking despite the size.

Silver Member
    hopefully somehow they tone it down a bit but i dont know if thats possible since i dont know anything about phase change cooling also did u ever figure out what my be the problem with my windows restart on my other thread?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate89
    hopefully somehow they tone it down a bit but i dont know if thats possible since i dont know anything about phase change cooling also did u ever figure out what my be the problem with my windows restart on my other thread?
    What thread you talking about specifically?

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Booger
    What thread you talking about specifically?
    the one called Mild Update