Thread: DVD Burning question

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar

DVD Burning question

Here's the deal. I have 3 mpgs that I am trying to put on a DVD. All 3 have been compiled, Title page and menus created. But...When I try to burn them to a DVD+R(DL) I get this error:

Any ideas?

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rik
    Here's the deal. I have 3 mpgs that I am trying to put on a DVD. All 3 have been compiled, Title page and menus created. But...When I try to burn them to a DVD+R(DL) I get this error:

Any ideas?

According to THIS It would seem that the VOB files that were created were not cut, into 1GB segments. YOu might want to make sure that every VOB created is under 1GB in file size... but I cannot read German... and I used a translation service to understand what was said... but if I am correct, then that is the problem.

I checked them and found that several are .99 but none quite made 1 gb. I guess they are close enough no cause the error tho. So...do they need to be recompiled or what?

I checked them and found that several are .99 but none quite made 1 gb. I guess they are close enough no cause the error tho. So...do they need to be recompiled or what?
    Rik,
    Are you trying to take all three movies and put them on one DVD? What is the source format? How did they get menus and such? Did you do that? Are you ripping these from VCD or SVCD and then trying to combine them on one DVD?

Bronze Member
    Set dvd capacity display type to "Double layer 8.5GB DVD media" (Options \ Environmental Settings) then create DVD folder and see if that solves problem.
    Last edited by Kane; January 16th, 2006 at 15:31 PM.

I imported 3 movies of my sons band from Hi-8, using Pinnacle Studio 8. It compiled them as mpeg2s and what I wanted to do was to put all 3 on a DL DVD, add menus to select which show to see and burn them.

I found TMPGenc easier for me to use to create the menus so took the mpgs, created chapters and menus but when I attempted to burn them got that error.

And the SW did recognize that I was using dual layer media.

I imported 3 movies of my sons band from Hi-8, using Pinnacle Studio 8. It compiled them as mpeg2s and what I wanted to do was to put all 3 on a DL DVD, add menus to select which show to see and burn them.

I found TMPGenc easier for me to use to create the menus so took the mpgs, created chapters and menus but when I attempted to burn them got that error.

And the SW did recognize that I was using dual layer media.
    RIk,
    IN your screenshot, it shows the capacity standard as 4.7GB and that your burn limit is exceed. I have never used DVD Author, but perhaps Kane is correct. There should be some setting to change it from 4.7 to 8.5. Perhaps someone more familiar with DVD Author can assist with that.