Thread: nLite

Silver Member

nLite

this question is going out to Conan if i remember correctly because hes the only one ive seen make comments about nLite so i figured id try it

how, if there even is a way, do you integrate graphics card drives onto the windows cd so i dont have to install them after im dont installing windows...ie. i want them to be installed automatically when windows is installing....alos can you put direct x 9.0c in there....and one last thing while im thinking about it is there a way to put the motherboard drivers on there to to be installed automatically?

im just curious because that would really speed up the reformat process having all of that auto installed with no restarts required and all

thanks for the help

Techzonez Governor Super Moderator Conan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate89
    this question is going out to Conan if i remember correctly because hes the only one ive seen make comments about nLite so i figured id try it

how, if there even is a way, do you integrate graphics card drives onto the windows cd so i dont have to install them after im dont installing windows...ie. i want them to be installed automatically when windows is installing....alos can you put direct x 9.0c in there....and one last thing while im thinking about it is there a way to put the motherboard drivers on there to to be installed automatically?

im just curious because that would really speed up the reformat process having all of that auto installed with no restarts required and all

thanks for the help

You have to read the FAQ or MSFN forum to figure out how it's done. I did include my motherboard/chipset and sound drivers into my nLite install but I can't remember anymore it was so long ago that I made that.

I chose not to include the graphic driver since drivers are updated so often I wanted to be up-to-date instead. Sorry for not providing much help Nate.

Silver Member
    its ok thanks anyway

If you slipstream the latest service pack for XP, DirectX 9.0C will be automatically installed. I think it was all automated you just had to check the options of installing drivers. Just have your drivers ready for when it prompts you for their location. And practice first with a CDRW in case there are some mistakes that need correcting.

Silver Member
    well i think ive figured it out but is there a way to just add the files i want onto the cd so i dont even have to change cds or since i have 2 cd drives could i leave the cd in the drive and would it just do it automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate89
    well i think ive figured it out but is there a way to just add the files i want onto the cd so i dont even have to change cds or since i have 2 cd drives could i leave the cd in the drive and would it just do it automatically?
    You would just have to point to the other CD/folder for where the drivers location is.

Be careful with nLite because the resulting installation can be a bit iffy to say the least depending on what you take out. It's an interesting experiment but it seems to bugger up the updates procedure at arbitrary moments so it can occasionally kill your PC. That was my experience on the only 'light' version I had that ran for a decent period of time (a year or so) - every now and then I had to TrueImage it back usually following a failed windows update.

Of course that could have been a one off and nLite has probably improved as well - but it ran fine once normal XP was back on.
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?