I am looking for a program that can go through my hard drives and mp3 cd's and copy the files to directories it makes based off of id tage etc.....
what do you guys recommend?
i'm lost here
2. Tag & Rename
not sure if they are what i'm looking for
I am currently using file sorting utility
File Sorting Utility 1.35
ile Sorting Utility can copy/move files from several sources into for instance folders sorted by letter.
File Sorting Utility is specialized for sorting mp3-files, it has an option that can "fix filenames". If you only want to fix the filenames you choose the method rename.File Sorting Utility is a tool that allows you to move files.
File Sorting Utility has now many advanced features to clean up filenames and ID3 tags. Both ID3 version 1 and 2 are supported. You really should try this program if you want your mp3 files to be "perfect".
Here are some key features of "File Sorting Utility":
· rename mp3-files with info from the ID3-tag!
· create ID3-tags with info from the filename! Now you also can get info from folders.
· mass add/save/remove/fix ID3 tags.
· change the structure of the filename to match a user-defined pattern!
· rename files from within windows explorer.
· support ID3v1.x and ID3v2.x tags!
· sort and edit ID3-tags in read-only files.
· get filenames from a text or text-file. Perfekt for complete albums.
· read "hidden" ID3v2 tags.
· create optimized ID3v1 tags which allows you to use up to 59 characters in the artist and title frames.
· Forgotten spaces between artist and song title. (" -" will become " - ")
· Make only the first letter in the artistīs and songīs name capital.
· Make only the first letter in every word capital.
· Change the file extensions to what ever you want.
· Use lowercase extensions ("Song.MP3" becomes "Song.mp3").
· Leading and trailing spaces and parentheses can be removed.
· Replace/Remove any text/character you want in the filename or ID3-tag. and much more...
it scan whatever drive or folder you want and moves the files based off of tags or whatever into any folder or drive you want. It is great for portable mp3 players. I find that it crashed alot and misses some files so I am looking for something like it
not sure if it exists..
If you work around with the settings of MusicBrainz a little bit you can make it store tagged files in directories by Artist, Album etc.not sure if they are what i'm looking forIs that not what you're looking for?copy the files to directories it makes based off of id tage etc.....
You could also try this.