Thread: Nero oem to 7 ultra problem

Nero oem to 7 ultra problem

Hey guys, I have a HP lightscribe burner that came with oem Nero 6, it has lightscribe label making in the cover program and in the menus. I just installed Nero 7 Ultra that I bought for the extra features and all the lightscribe stuff is gone??? I thought it included the lightscribe in it, anyone know what might be happening?

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I am not finding any information on the Nero website indicating that it supports that feature.

http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/Products.html

Look here for more answers about LightScribe: http://www.lightscribe.com/about/index.aspx?id=87

Nero has lightscribe built in, You can follow your own link further to see that it does, and I have searched other forums that people are having the same problem. I guess nero won't show the options till it sees a lightscribe drive. Nero 6 works fine, soon as I try 7 it dissapears. I even tried to remove the cd drive via device manager, then install nero 7 and then install the drive again and it still won't work.. I guess I will keep using 6!

Here is the reqs... http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/Nero_7...uirements.html
    I have both.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Burning a Label using LightScribe
    Direct Disc Labeling
    LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling is an exciting disc labeling technology that enables you to burn silkscreen-quality labels directly on your CDs and DVDs providing easy to create professional quality no-hassle labels.

LightScribe technology requires three elements:
    LightScribe-enabled optical disc drive
    LightScribe-compatible media (Nero 6 Reloaded (Nero 6.6.0.8 or a later version installed)
    With LightScribe, you can burn your data, music or video onto a CD or DVD, then simply flip the disc over, put it back into the drive, and burn your newly created label design directly onto the disc.

For further information, please check: LightScribe System Requirements/Updates

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Did you uninstall the old nero 6 before installing the 7. When you purchased nero 7 did they provide you with a retail key?

Another thing, make sure you download the executable host from the link at the bottom of this page

I bought it from Ebay, but its a real cd and the serial is a valid 7 Ultra serial. I have the Lightscribe host software 1.4.67.1 installed and I did have 6 off before installing 7.