Thread: Psu

Silver Member

Psu

what are your guys's thoughts on this psu
    also the funny thing is that its exactly and i mean exactly like its big brother the 700 watt one except for the 30 bucks more for a simple change from 600 watt to 700 watt...kinda weird dont you think but anyway thoughts please? any people with experience with these?
    also if you for some reason don't like it or think that i should go with something else please post a link im lookin for a new power supply for a future upgrade to sli im lookin to spend at most 150 to power jetway sli board 64 3000+ venice 1 gig of crucial ballistix 1 7800gt soon to be 2 once i get the money probably 1 160 gig hd 1 120 gig hd and 1 300 gig hd 8 case fans cd burner and dvd burner thanks for future replies
    Last edited by Nate89; February 10th, 2006 at 04:37 AM.

Expensive, but it should do a good job.
    Linux Mint Debian Edition

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar
    If it was up to me I would go with the Big Bro......vvvrrrroooommmmm....lol

Silver Member
    but if u look at specs they are exactly the same the only thing that has changed is they changed the number 6 to the number 7 and added 30 bucks to the price tag but all the amperages are the same and everything

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    Thats a real nice PSU

Silver Member
    so as far as the 4 12v rails with only 15 amps on each will be fine then right? what exactly is the big difference between having 1,2, or even 4 12v rails anyway i know its something to do with like ripple or whatever but whats the actual idea behind it? and is it really even needed?

Hardware guy Super Moderator FastGame's Avatar
    The idea behind the separate rails is like the electrical circuits in your house. If the microwave in the kitchen is running at full load it doesn't effect the TV in the family room, separate circuts.

The 15amp 12v rails should be good, thats a total of 60amps on the 12v side. The PSU is 'nVIDIA SLI Certified' so it meets a certain strict standard. I like the FSP unit.

Here's some more good PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151025

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817163109

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817163108

Here's a good read and test on PSU

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/11/stress_test/

I like where you're giong with thoughts on the PSU, I think the PSU is one of if not the most important part of the PC.

Silver Member
    exactly because if you have a sucky psu then you can either 1 fry everything in your computer or 2 have a dead computer cause the thing wont turn on for lack of power so its better to have more then eough rather then skimp on it and hope it gets you by also dont get me wrong but in todays computers isnt the 12v rail the one that matters most im a bit blah right now because of the 5 hours of sleep i got last night, school this mornin, liftin afterwords, then work so i cant really think straight right now
    Last edited by Nate89; February 11th, 2006 at 05:51 AM.

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========