Thread: Anyone familiar with boost mobiles?

Anyone familiar with boost mobiles?

Hey guys,I had a question i was hoping someone could help me with.I finally broke down and decided to get a mobile phone.Now i was wondering and hoping there was a way to customize the hell out of it such as ring tones ect.I know that you can buy them online and such but i was hoping there may be a way to add custom tones from a PC.

So my question is does anyone have any idea about this that may be able to enlighten me a bit on the matter.The 2nd thing i was wondering about was custom wallpapers for it.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Depends on the mobile. Some have dongles that allow you to customize it. OThers use infared ports to transfer. And still other use micro SD cards.

YOu need to check the mobile you are interested in and see.

The Nokia N90 I hear is an awesome phone. At least that is what the latest PC Magazine said.

Fast Transfers. No Tangles.
    With USB 2.0, Bluetooth wireless technology and Nokia XpressPrint printing solution you'll be able to move your data and print files in all kinds of situations. Nokia XpressPrint printing solution makes printing on the go hassle free. Why? Because it just works. Select a picture, a compatible printer and Voila!
    Special Features
    Calculator
    Flash
    Camera
    Alerts
    Games
    Photo Album application
    Phonebook
    Email
    Voice recorder
    Calendar
    Contacts
    Tasks
    Organizer
    BUt it is a wee bit too pricey IMHO.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...MP=OTC-FROOGLE

If you want a cheaper phone:

The motorola Razr Vc3 would be the model to go with for ringtones. It allows transfer over bluetooth and you can use Mp3s as your ringtones.. allowing for complete customization.

http://reviews.designtechnica.com/review3353.html

ANd the price is half of the Nokia model.

Oh im using a way cheaper phone lol im on a Boost Mobiles I450 made by motorola.It has most standard features like web access,text messaging and attachments,ect.

I know that i can send ring tones that are already on the phone to freinds via text messaging and vice versa.But i was wondering if there is a way to do the same except from my PC.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://cell-phone-accessories-wholes...D&ProdID=24224

I think you need something like the above linked item.

Thanks alot man,Yep thats pretty much what i expected i would end up needing but i couldn't find any info on it.The damn store where i got the phone are a rip off.They won't sell the usb cable instead they wanna charge like $2-3 per ringtone.

I'd rather be able to use my own thanks again.