Thread: stop error (blue screen of death)

Exclamation stop error (blue screen of death)

I have a stop error 0x000000ED and 0xc0000032 I can use a boot disk to get to the dos prompt but cannot switch the directory to the "c" drive everything I type I get the message the following command is missing or corrupted
    type the name of the command interpreture ( the file that is missing is what ever I type). Help.

Thanks

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Blue Screen

I did look at that article before posting ,The main problem that I have is that I can not switch the directory to type in the commands . It stays in my bootdisk which was loaded in A: . Whenever I type anything I get a message "file is missing or corrupt" and a "type the name of the command interpreture ".

Am I missing a step ?

Thanks

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    I've rarely had luck recovering this from error. You can boot into Recovery Console using the Windows cd and try a chkdsk /r and see how that does.

Good Luck...

Blue Screen

One more thing I failed to mention was that this occured while in an idle state it was on when I left and had the bluescreen on return also the safe mode does not work . Just some additional information to get my B.Gates boat anchor working .

thanks for the reply Rik.

I think I still need to change the directory to the c : drive to run chkdsk/r right ? It will not let me type anything in the dos prompt ( I booted with a floppy in A: and that is where it sits with the above error messages) also my HP did not come with a Disk only has back up info on a partion on the hard drive. Going from bad to worse I'm afraid

thanks again
    Last edited by rjtfw35; February 14th, 2006 at 01:44 AM.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Yeah, You will need a Windows cd to be able to run Recovery Console. Unless HP put it on the hard drive which I doubt. Are you running XP or 2000?