Thread: Error 1706 - "Ace Mega Codecs Pack – ProXP"

Angry Error 1706 - "Ace Mega Codecs Pack – ProXP"

i don't know what to do... The thing is, this started like last year and I haven’t gotten it to stop since: whenever I want to play a video on ANY player, a prompter always pops up for Ace Mega Codecs Pack – ProXP and works as if it’s downloading the codec I need for the video I want to play but it’s NOT.
    It takes like a minute of me pressing (sometimes I have to exit everything and try again), “Cancel” for the stupid thing to vanish and let me see my video (Which didn’t need Ace Mega whatever to play)! And it’s very time consuming, before this I could click and video/movie and BOOM it plays, but the prompter is in the middle of seeing my stream, video and what have you. How can I get rid of this thing? I know it was gone once it can be gone again! I even have screen caps!

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    Try uninstalling it and then try the k-lite codec pack:

http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

If that works, problem solved.

ok i'll try. thanks!

it worked THANK YOU!

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    It's strange that ace mega codec pack had a problem. But if that sorted it out, then I bet you're happier than a chimpanzee with an over-ripe banana.

lol yeah the only thing is i found out that media player classic began with the prompter so i deleted k-lite and DL'd again sans the media player classic option