Thread: program with a progress bar reflecting CPU activity

program with a progress bar reflecting CPU activity

Maybe I dream, but I love cute, little gadgety programs.

Now I have this RAM-freeing program and it has a "progress bar"-like setup that does reflect instanteous CPU usage. It shows other stuff as well and I have to click on it and bring it up and it's about 3.5" x 4", using up a lot of space. What I would like is just a little bar, oh, say 1/2" by maybe 2" that could be positioned anywhere on my desktop or web page. (I already have tons of icons in the systray).

Does anyone know of such a program? If it also had a tiny light that flickered or burned, showing HD activity--well, I'd be in 7th Heaven!!!
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

Nobody knows I'm a dog. TZ Veteran petard's Avatar
    There's always the Task Manager minimized - that's shows the CPU usage. Rainemeter shows some cools stuff:
    http://ipi.fi/~rainy/index.php?pn=pr...ject=rainmeter

Many thanks to egghead for the cool .sig

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Task Manager would be best bet, although, it does use a bit of resources for simply monitoring resources... LOL.

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

Good point about Task Manager minimized. Re the Rainmeter, have you tried it out. I read the FAQ and it seems like one would have to do quite a bit of fussing with it to get it to work effectively. Or it probably is--more like--that I'm not really comfortable doing all that fiddling. If you've tried it, what do you think?

Bronze Member
    Try Uptimer4.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Yahoo Widgets has something you might like. Check em out:

http://widgets.yahoo.com/

Found 3 widgets I realy like...and it's way cool to be able to move them around the monitor. Thanks, Rik. They were Netstat showing me upload and download speeds on the fly, an analog clock which is easiy seen with hardly even a flick of my eyes, and a final widget that show on a bar graph the CPU in action. Ony thing I didn't find was a bar graph showing hard drive activity on the fly. I have a program, hdi.exe, that does that but it will ony do it in the systray.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions. I checked them all.

I'm kind of a widget kook masef You can tell that from my screenshots in the desktop thread.

Security Intelligence TZ Veteran cash_site's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rik
    I'm kind of a widget kook masef You can tell that from my screenshots in the desktop thread.
    Yeah, you got me onto the rainlender Clock and calender

--- 0wN3D by 3gG ---

yeah Babee