Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Oblivion

The Beast Master TZ Veteran PIPER's Avatar

Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Hey peeps....anyone tried Elder Scrolls IV "Oblivion" yet?...just got the game yesterday and curious about what you think..

My Name is.... TZ Veteran Stripe's Avatar
    LOL....i got the game....

cant play it. >.< My video card isnt supported.

So now I'm waiting for a new one

I've read some awesome stuff about it and can't wait to play it. The intro graphics and video were clear and crisp.

I bet it's insane like all the other ES games they are always great graphics but sometimes have stupid or impossible riddles. I always steal and fight all the way through. In May the real deal is supposedly out Gothic III the daddy of RPGs - woohoo!
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?

get the game....get the game....get the game.....what more can I say....lol....get the game....

guess the interest hasn't grown much for this one....or could it be the budget...hmmmm....

LOL

Nah, I got the game and I'm incredibly pleased with it. Its one of the first games lately that I've actually been happy to buy.

I think the things I really like about it are: the graphics. The are beautiful. I kinda like the open endedness of it. When I first played the original Elder Scrolls, I hated it because of it. But in this one, it feels that they give you enough guidance to do teh main quest, but don't push you to it. So far, I havent done any parts of the main quest and I've been playing for at least a week.

Con's - sometimes the AI is funky. For example, I'm paying a Roguish type character. If i enter a house at 1am and the person see's me, they'll stay awake for days and days later. Also, sometimes you can steal quest items, but thankfully, it doesn't break the quest.

Overall, I love the game and thoroughly recommend it for people that like RPG's and like to wander around.

Super Moderator Super Moderator Big Booger's Avatar
    http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen004.jpg

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen003.jpg

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen003.jpg

It looks sweet. I wouldn't mind playing it. I like RPG but it just takes so damn long to develop a character.. and time is not on my side, unfortunately... I might try it.

Looks like the kind of game that I am into, but if I got the equipment to play games on my computer I might not ever get off of it......
    Knowledge indeed is power;
    Wisdom is knowing whether or not to act on Knowledge.

Speech is
    silver,but silence is golden.....
    Blondie

Quote Originally Posted by bionicblond
    Looks like the kind of game that I am into, but if I got the equipment to play games on my computer I might not ever get off of it......
    What equipment?....all u need is your keyboard/mouse...lol....or are u making reference to hardware?

I have been playing this on and off since I last posted. Great game.. I love stealing IMperial horses (really jacks your bounty up)...

I have closed 1 Oblivion Gate (horray!) and am with Martin on our way back to Weyton (*forgot the spelling)..

I like this game and am amazed at how large the world is.. this would be one killer MMRPG... it'd be cool if someone released a patch or something allowing you to network up with 30 or 40 people for some online devastation!

But even without being online, it's a killer game. And the AI is pretty good... (depends on what you are doing).

I like killing the animals and creatures, casting spells, picking up armor (fixing it) and so on. Your armor and weapons wear out... it's great.

It's just missing human interaction that makes me so fond of MMORPGs.

LOL...this game is really huge. No doubt about it.

They did a good job though. If you don't feel like running around trying to find where you need to go, you can fast travel there. Or you can take a jog through the neighborhood.

Like BB said, i still like MMO's but this offers a really nice respite.

Thought I would post an image of me in-game.

Booger's Oblivion Screenshot

Visually this game is amazing. And I love how the story and quests just move on and on and get deeper and deeper.

And what is really cool, is the characters are continuing to live normal lives while you are doing your thing (NPC characters even have wars and stuff)... it's really amazing.

I spent about 5 minutes just watching the sky move.. LOL I just killed a vampire (seridius (sp?)) and am talking to Roland about joining the Vampire hunters.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Well I tried to see it but..."page cannot be found"

Head Honcho Administrator Reverend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rik
    Well I tried to see it but..."page cannot be found"
    Fixed

=========== Please Read The Forum Rules ===========

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend
    Fixed
    danka!