Thread: Internet connection

Internet connection

I have just purchased a Toshiba Satellite Pro A10 laptop. I have tried to connect the laptop to the internet but I am unable. I have a desktop computer connected to a hub which is in turn connected to a cable modem. I have had no problems with this and last year I had another laptop connected to the hub and it worked ok. Not so this toshiba. I have re-installed Windows XP twice and also connected the laptop direct to the cable modem, does not make any difference. The `Local Area Connection` is enabled and apparently working ok. When I click on `Repair this connection` I get the following message: (The following steps of the repair operation failed - renewing IP address failed - Please contact your network administator or ISP). When I click on Internet Explorer all I get is `The page cannot be displayed`window. I do not know if this is anything but when I click on Local Area Connection Status, under activity, it shows 104 packets sent, none received. Could the LAN connection be faulty? Any ideas anyone please.

Old and Cranky Super Moderator rik's Avatar
    Watching Your every move...
    Try running the manufacturers diagnostics on the system specifically to check the ethernet port.