Thread: Is this how System Restore SHOULD work?

Is this how System Restore SHOULD work?

Hi:

Coud someone answer this question for sure...absoutely?

Had much trouble with my computer of late and when I got it all working normally again, I discovered 7-8 songs I had downloaded from itunes were missing.

OK. Now I have created a Restore Point (3/24/06)) so my current working normal state is now preserved..

And I have a 3/6/06 Restore Point (before my problems started) so those songs have to be residing there. From there I can save them to a CD.

Now the following is what I believe to be the case re System Restore. Once I've saved my songs I can restore back to the restore date of 3/24/06. Is this absolutely correct?

I'm very concerned about this because getting back to normal was very time consuming and I don't want to have to go through it again.

wumply
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

System Restore only restores System Files and registry data, it does not include things like data files in My Documents or Applications etc.

For more explicit details see http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../xpsysrst.mspx
    I'm using Windows 7 - you got a problem with that?

D__n! Songs gone...until I pay for them again...itunes only lets you download once for the .99 per son...which is fair enough. Well, at least I won't have to invest time trying via System Restore.

Thanks, Curio