Thread: A file extension about which I've found no conclusive info on the net

A file extension about which I've found no conclusive info on the net

I was cloning my HDD the other day and when cloning had finished, I got this message. "This file was in use, so it would not have been safe to copy it." The file was \\?\C:\Windows\System32\lqoe89kr.lwp.

This was (is) weird. I have no clue as to the \\? preceding the path. Could that have caused the message?

I did a search for the file type but didn't learn much. Only that...

lwp may mean "library for www in Perl". Perl, I learned ws a cross-programming language.

LWP (lwp) could stand for a Lotus Word Pro 96-97 file. But is Lotus even used today...I never hear of it.

Has anyone any clue as to what this file is intended to do or what the extension means for sure?
    I've created my own website...a collection of moving, sad and happy and humorous poems which I would like to share with others. They come from stories my dad used to tell me when I was a kid. If you could glance at my site and if you know of others who might enjoy it and perhaps tell them of it, I would be most appreciative. Thank you. The address is www.metrocast.net/~wumply/exper-1.html

one other question...what does the file do?