Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Thunderbird Twilight Zone - strange happenings - [FIXED]

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16

    Thunderbird Twilight Zone - strange happenings - [FIXED]

    Hi,

    Anyone have any idea why my Thunderbird (1.5) would be flipping out. First, I got up a couple weeks ago to find that all the messages I had moved to folders from my inbox were now back in my Inbox, bold as if unread. They were also still in the various folders I had put them in. Thought it wierd, but couldn't find any cause, so I went ahead and deleted the inbox duplicates.

    Today, I headed to one of my folders to do some filing, only to find the two sufolders I had made for that item were GONE! Comlpletely vanished along with the e-mails that had been in the subfolders.

    No other strange happenings. I didn't see them in my recycle bin. Computer has been running fine. No viruses detected by Norton Anti-Virus, recently scanned for spyware/adware, and security updated for Microsoft products.

    Any insight would be welcome!
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16
    Did more reading and am hoping that when I compcacted folders I didn't completely remove these two missing subfolders. Unfortunately, I don't know when they went missing. Am searching to see if they are still on the computer somewhere. Anyone with any tips for finding them? Thanks again for any help.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16
    Sorry, everyone. I guess I just answered myself - even if it took all day. Never back down from a challenge.

    Read a lot at Mozilla about a bug that causes renamed folders to disappear. Familiarized myself with .msf and the file structures for info storage in my profile.

    Located the missing data as the folder name with .msf beside it - Drive:/documents and settings/username/application data/Thunderbird/Profiles/*.default/Mail/*account*/inbox.sbd/*foldername*.sbd/*missingfile*.msf

    Did some testing and finally fixed the problem by dragging the *missingfile*.msf into the Folder where it was supposed to be. Then renamed it without the .msf. VOILA all e-mail restored.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •